With this week’s update, we see the introduction of Operation Apocalypse to Xbox and PC. Along with a few quality of life patches and the redeployment of Reaper due to bug fixes.
Turn up the lights and bring back Reaper
This is a very lite week as far as major updates aside from the new Operation starting on the Xbox and PC. There were some patches added in that are focused on improving the quality of life in the game. The first is that the brightness and sun rays have been turned up some to make visibility better for players. This came from many people playing the Fog limited-time game mode complaining that the shadows were too strong and led to a vast increase in camping. The adjustment for the lighting has also been applied to normal Quads, Duos, and Singles modes as well. Reaper has been added back to the game after a game-breaking bug which led Reaper to have no sounds at all, forcing him to be removed, was fixed. He has now added back to PlayStation and appearing properly on Xbox and PC.
- Operation Apocalypse Z content is now live on Xbox One and PC.
- Improved lighting and visibility in core Quads, Duos, and Solo matches in Blackout.
- Reaper is now playable in Blackout on all platforms.
- Alcatraz gameplay improvements in Blackout.
- Fixed an issue in Blackout that would sometimes display negative Merits.
- Enabled parties of up to 4 players in Sticks and Stones in Multiplayer.
- Addressed issues with Reaver C86 Purple Hex camo, Crash’s “The Snitch” outfit, and certain Contracts in the After Action Report in Multiplayer.
- Various stability improvements for Zombies in “Alpha Omega”.
- Corrected FX on certain Death Effects.
- Featured Playlist updates on all platforms.
Like I said before this a lite week for news. The adjustments to the Blackout map should make the eerie seem just a little safer, which does take away from the aesthetic but will add to smoother gameplay. Reaper being put on a level playing field was much needed and a very welcome change. Until next time see you on the fields of battle. Want to chat about the update or anything else gaming-related hit us up on the official discord!