DC returns with another milestone issue with the 750th issue of The Flash. The newest Ninja Turtle Jennika gets her first solo series. It’s berserker time as Wolverine leads the Dawn of X phase 2 titles!
THE FLASH #750
To celebrate a milestone in the Scarlet Speedster’s comic book run, in February 2020 DC is publishing a momentous 750th issue of The Flash with a cover by series artist Howard Porter and packed with all-new stories from across the generations and multiverses of super-speedsters. The 80-page prestige format issue debuts February 26, 2020, featuring an all-star array of top writers and artists in the Flash’s recent history.
Joining series writer Joshua Williamson for this must-have collector’s item are Geoff Johns, Marv Wolfman, Francis Manapul, Rafa Sandoval, Jordi Tarragona, Stephen Segovia, David Marquez, Bryan Hitch, Riley Rossmo, Scott Kolins and Michael Moreci. The Flash #750 also features a variant cover for each decade the character has been published, including art from José Luis García-López, Jim Lee and Scott Williams and Gary Frank.
- 1940s variant cover by Nicola Scott
- 1950s variant cover by Gary Frank
- 1960s variant cover by Nick Derington
- 1970s variant cover by José Luis García-López
- 1980s variant cover by Gabriele Dell’Otto
- 1990s variant cover by Francesco Mattina
- 2000s variant cover by Jim Lee and Scott Williams
- 2010s variant cover by Francis Manapul
This landmark issue of The Flash is highlighted by an original story, “The Flash Age,” that kicks off a new arc for series writer Joshua Williamson and artists Rafa Sandoval and Jordi Tarragona. Barry Allen’s life is being torn apart by a supercharged Speed Force as the story Williamson’s been building toward since issue #50 comes to a head when a new threat appears on the horizon: the deadly Paradox. Destined to destroy the Flash’s legacy, Paradox sends his herald, Godspeed, to trap the Flash family!
DCEASED: UNKILLABLES #1
The blockbuster DC series returns to answer this question: What did the villains do when the heroes failed and the world ended?
Spinning out of the dramatic events of 2019’s smash hit, writer Tom Taylor returns to this dark world with a street-level tale of death, heroism, and redemption. Led by Red Hood and Deathstroke, DC’s hardest villains and antiheroes fight with no mercy to save the only commodity left on a dying planet of the undead—life!
BATMAN: PENNYWORTH R.I.P. #1
Alfred Pennyworth served the Wayne family for decades—even through the tragic loss of Bruce Wayne’s parents. His death at the hands of Bane is the only event that could possibly compare to that fateful night in Crime Alley, and it leaves Bruce at a similar crossroads. If Alfred was the glue that held the Bat-Family together, how will Batman deal with that all falling apart? And if the Caped Crusader is to be truly alone, he might either hang that cape up once and for all…or double down and carry on with this vengeful quest forever. Batman: Pennyworth R.I.P. #1 celebrates the life of one of the most important people in the history of Gotham City, while also addressing questions about what’s next.
Other DC HOT / KEY releases:
- Amethyst #1
- Aquaman (Current Series) #57 – Birth of Aquaman and Mera’s child
- Basketful of Heads #5
- Batman / Superman #7
- Batman Beyond #41
- Batman: Curse of the White Knight #7
- The Batman’s Grave #5
- DC Crimes of Passion #1
- Far Sector #4
- Flash #88 – 1st appearance of Paradox
- The Green Lantern Season Two #1 – 1st cameo team appearance of the Young Guardians
- He-Man and the Masters of the Multiverse #4 – Appearance of the universe from the 1980s cartoon series
- Joker: Killer Smile #3
- Legion of Super-Heroes #4 – Origin of the Legion of Super-Heroes
- Leviathan Dawn #1
- Lois Lane #8 – 1st appearance of the Kiss of Death, an assassin
- Wonder Woman: Dead Earth #2
- Young Justice #13 – Appearance of Warlord with art by the character’s creator Mike Grell
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: JENNIKA #1
Trying to acclimate to life as a mutant, the newest Turtle Jennika embarks on a solo adventure that will force her to come to terms with both her troubled past and conflicted present. Not to mention a brand new villain! Brahm Revel (Guerrillas) returns to reveal more of Jennika’s backstory from his acclaimed TMNT Universe tale “What is Ninja?”!
BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER / ANGEL: HELLMOUTH #5
THE EVENT OF THE YEAR ENDS HERE! Angel and Buffy finally confront the enemy in the heart of the Hellmouth, but the journey has already taken its tolls. Beaten in body and spirit, they might not have enough power between them to save the world. With more allies than they know, Buffy and Angel will make their final stand… and not everyone will make it out alive.
HELLBOY AND THE B.P.R.D.: THE RETURN OF EFFIE KOLB #1
Years after he banished the Crooked Man, Hellboy returns to Appalachia when a young psychic warns Tom Ferrell of looming danger. But the Crooked Man’s house is no longer empty and threats both new and old simmer in the Virginia woods. Mike Mignola returns to continue the tale of “The Crooked Man.” He’s joined by artist Zach Howard and colorist Dave Stewart for a stellar fright fest!
Other Indie HOT / KEY releases:
- Adventures of Byron #1 – One-shot, all-ages story about monsters helping monsters with everyday life difficulties
- Alienated #1
- Backtrack #1
- Bang #1
- Canopus #1
- Dark Agnes #1
- Doctor Tomorrow #1 – Reintroduction of Doctor Tomorrow
- Finger Guns #1
- Godkillers #1
- Heartbeat #4
- Hidden Society #1
- Ice Cream Man #18
- Judge Dredd 100 Page Giant #1
- Kill Whitey Donovan #3
- Killadelphia #4
- The Man Who F***ed Up Time #1
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #48
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers/TMNT #3 – 1st full appearance of Shredder as the Green Power Ranger – 1st appearance of the Kiss of Death, an assassin
- Miss Fury #1
- Money Shot #4 & #5
- On The Stump #1
- Pandemica #4
- Plunge #1
- Savage Bastards #1
- Tartarus #1
- Undone By Blood #1
- Undiscovered Country #4
- Vampirella #8 – Dynamite Entertainment commemorates the contributions of African American creators with a special set of covers
THE BEST IS BACK! Wolverine has been through a lot. He’s been a loner. He’s been a killer. He’s been a hero. He’s been an Avenger. He’s been to hell and back. Now, as the nation of Krakoa brings together all Mutantkind, he can finally be… happy? With his family altogether and safe, Wolverine has everything he ever wanted… and everything to lose. Writer Benjamin Percy (X-FORCE, WOLVERINE: THE LONG NIGHT) and legendary artist Adam Kubert (X-MEN, AVENGERS) bring the best there is to his new home! PLUS: The return of OMEGA RED!
X-MEN/FANTASTIC FOUR #1
THE SEEDS WERE PLANTED IN HOUSE OF X…. THE LINE IN THE SAND! KRAKOA. Every mutant on Earth lives there … except for one. But now it’s time for FRANKLIN RICHARDS to come home. It’s the X-MEN VS. the FANTASTIC FOUR and nothing will ever be the same.
STAR WARS: DARTH VADER #1
“JOIN ME, AND TOGETHER, WE CAN RULE THE GALAXY AS FATHER AND SON!” THE TRAGEDY OF DARTH VADER CONTINUES!
In the shattering climax of The Empire Strikes Back, Darth Vader infamously reveals his true relationship to Luke Skywalker and invites his son to rule the galaxy at his side. But Luke refuses — plunging into the abyss beneath Cloud City rather than turn to the Dark Side. We all remember Luke’s utter horror in this life-altering moment. But what about Vader? In this new epic chapter in the Darth Vader saga, the dark lord grapples with Luke’s unthinkable refusal and embarks on a bloody mission of rage-filled revenge against everything and everyone who had a hand in hiding and corrupting his only son. But even as he uncovers the secrets of Luke’s origins, Vader must face shocking new challenges from his own dark past.
Be sure to checkout our extensive preview from The Mule himself!
Other Marvel HOT / KEY releases:
- Ant-Man #1 – 1st appearance of Vespa, the Specter of Hornets, 1st appearance of Thread, the Silkworm Ghoul; 1st appearance of Tusk, the Rhino-Beetle Hulk
- Avengers #31 – Oversized issue featuring Iron Man trapped in a cave at the dawn of time
- Black Widow Prelude #2 – Origin of the Black Widow in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Captain America #19 – Identity of Dryad revealed
- Captain America: The End #1
- Captain Marvel #15 – 1st cover appearance of Vox Supreme
- Darth Vader #1
- Excalibur #7
- Falcon & Winter Soldier #1 – 1st appearance of The Natural, a gifted killer
- Fantastic Four #19 – Origin of the Fantastic Four
- Force Works 2020 #1 – 1st team appearance of Force Works 2020: War Machine, Quake, Mockingbird, U.S. Agent
- Giant-Size X-Men: Jean Grey and Emma Frost #1
- Gwen Stacy #1 – Origin of Gwen Stacy, prior to first appearing in The Amazing Spider-Man #31
- Immortal Hulk #31
- Immortal Hulk: Great Power #1 – One-shot that merges The Hulk with Spider-Man
- Iron Man 2020 #2
- Jane Foster Valkyrie #8 – Introduction of the Rokkva, a contagion of death from Asgardian legend
- Machine Man 2020 #1 – Two-issue tie-in to the Iron Man 2020 crossover
- Marvel Avengers Hulk (GamerVerse) #1 – Prequel to the upcoming video game Marvel’s Avengers
- Marauders #7 & #8
- Marvels X #2
- Nebula #1
- New Mutants #7 & #8
- Spider-Verse #5 – Speculation: 1st appearance of a new Swarm
- Spirits of Ghost Rider: Mother of Demons #1
- Star #2
- Star Wars: The Rise of Kylo Ren #3
- Symbiote Spider-Man Alien Reality #3 – Speculation: Debut of magical powers for Spider-Man?
- Tarot #3 – 1st team appearance of the Unbelievables
- Thor #3 – Battle of Thor vs Beta Ray Bill
- Venom #23
- X-Force #7 & #8
- X-Men #6 & #7
Two huge books this month featuring writers, artists, and variant covers galore with Flash #750 and Wolverine #1. Be on the lookout for the hidden gem and limited variant covers before they find their way to eBay. It will be very interesting to see if Darth Vader is as hot of a title as the Rise of Kylo Ren has been. Tons of first and key issues dropping for the short month of February!
View previous week roundups, news, and reviews at the comics landing page, or jump into the Mulehorn Gaming Discord – #comics_collectibles anytime to talk comics! See you next week same Bat-time, same Bat-channel!
All images courtesy of leagueofcomicgeeks.com