The world’s greatest detective calls for backup. War of the Realms has ended… or has it? Calling all spider-men to beware… CARNAGE IS COMING!
The Amazing Spider-Man #25
Plenty of spidey-titles to choose from this week including Amazing Spider-Man #25, featuring 60 pages of spider-mania. The cover features Electro, Mysterio, and the new bandaged villain who has been lurking since issue #1. There are several other spidey-related issues for this week including Miles Morales: Spider-Man #8 and Symbiote Spider-Man #4. Several styles for your variant palate to feast on. References to Carnage have been popping up all over in Marvel titles like Immortal Hulk #20, War of the Realms #6 last week, and Thor #15 this week. Expect to see more of Carnage in the background despite our favorite web crawler having his hands full this week!
Other Marvel releases:
- Thor #15 – WAR OF THE REALMS EPILOGUE! NEW STATUS QUO FOR THE GOD OF THUNDER! To end the War of the Realms, Thor made a sacrifice that will leave him forever changed. Now he must face the choices he’s made. What lies ahead for the God of Thunder? Jason Aaron’s legendary run draws to a close – don’t miss the start of his final arc! Rare – but no photos of the cover of this issue available online other than the symbiote variant featured above. Also releasing is War of the Realms: Omega #1 which will continue to be a tie in for Odin’s son.
- Savage Sword of Conan #7 – HITHER CAME CONAN… THE GAMBLER?! A chance violent encounter in Shadizar lands young CONAN a position as a bodyguard for a wealthy merchant. But a twist of fate will put Conan in the hot seat – and no choice but to play the hand he’s dealt in a deadly game of SERPENT’S BLUFF! Conan will rely on his sword – and his wits – while navigating the seedy underworld of “civilized” gambling while making sure he stays clear of the deadly “Debtors Lounge”! Magic, mystery, and action abound when writer Jim Zub (CHAMPIONS, AVENGERS: NO ROAD HOME) joins forces with artist Patch Zircher (HULK; TERROR, INC.) for the first of a three-part epic – CONAN THE GAMBLER! PLUS: The next chapter in the all-new CONAN novella “THE SHADOW OF VENGEANCE”!
- Wolverine vs. Blade #1 – Two of the deadliest hunters ever to have stalked the night face off! Wolverine vs. Blade — ’nuff said! Also releasing is Wolverine and Captain America: Weapon Plus #1, THE SECRET HISTORY BEHIND THEIR ORIGINS REVEALED!
Event Leviathan #2
With all of the world’s agencies on lockdown, the DC Universe is on the brink of panic. With so much mystery surrounding Leviathan, answers are needed! The ultimate rogue of detectives gathers to solve the mystery before they run out of time. Lois Lane leads Batman, Green Arrow, Plastic Man, Manhunter, the Question and a couple of genuine guest sleuths in the search for who Leviathan is and how their plans have already unfolded. This issue also guest-stars Red Hood, Batgirl and more! Nice variant cover featuring Batman and Red Hood.
Other DC releases:
- Batman #74 – “The Fall and the Fallen” concludes with a father-and-son showdown. Flashpoint Batman reveals his fiendish reasoning for dragging Batman into the desert, and who is in the coffin they’ve been dragging along with them. But is this a step too far? It’s Bruce Wayne versus Thomas Wayne for the right to wear the cowl, and all of Gotham City hangs in the balance!
- The Flash #74 – “The Flash Year One” continues! The Turtle has made his grand entrance, and it’s about to bring down the house! As an untested hero with the mastery of his abilities still in its infancy, Barry Allen will face the toughest challenge of his life to defend Central City from the invading forces of those who seek its destruction. Our hero is faced with the fateful choice to either become a superhero or die trying!
- Naomi #6 – This is it, the end of the first season of NAOMI by the breakout collaboration of writers Brian Michael Bendis and David F. Walker and artist Jamal Campbell! With her origins finally revealed, Naomi embraces the journey ahead and charts a course for the future and her role.
Oblivion Song #17
Writer Robert Kirkman has been a busy man in the last few weeks with The Walking Dead creating some ripples in the comic world. Kirkman has been known for some surprises and often gives up little to no clues as to what’s coming. As is the case with the preview for issue #17 of Oblivion Song – Into the depths of Oblivion! All is lost! Or is it? This title had a very strong response in its release late last year. Universal Pictures announced last month that they are developing a movie based on the adventures of Nathan Cole as he journeys in the Oblivion in hopes of saving the deserted.
Other Indie releases:
- Neon Future #5 – As Mars and EZ negotiate a deal that could very well end Neon Future as we know it, the CTG surround Andi’s hideout for a raid that leaves Float fighting for his life. As a last-ditch effort to rescue him, Clay, Hubble, and Dee begin what looks like a suicide mission. And not everyone will make it out alive! Presented by the widely popular DJ Steve Aoki.
- Unnatural #11 – Leslie has found the strength to fight the Wolf, but now she must get to the last round of the match in one piece. Also: trouble at Evil HQ, as Carol escapes and finds herself face-to-face with the Glance. Stunning art and more mind-blowing revelations abound as MIRKA ANDOLFO’s exquisite tale of love and self-growth races to the end at full speed!
- Fallen World #3 – The mind-controlled Bloodshot enlists the help of the Church of the Fallen to further his nefarious plans! Rai comes face-to-face with the animalistic hybrids of the Kor’Tunga clan! Can Rai stop the resurrection of his greatest enemy before it’s too late?
There is a lot to keep up with in terms of trying to get your hands on all the tie-content for some of the events happening in both DC & Marvel. That said – there are so many titles out right now with great storytelling and some of the prettiest variants covers being dropped weekly. See you next week same Bat-time, same Bat-channel!