Mass Effect Andromeda has been released for two weeks now for the masses. Fans filled with glee jumped into the newest Mass Effect adaptation following the highly successful trilogy of Commander Shepard. Aaryn Flynn, General Manager for BioWare, addressed its fans with some much needed fixes to come.
Only Good Bug Is A Dead Bug
After the release of Mass Effect Andromeda, fans where full of delight… and frustration. The world of Andromeda came alive, but so did the bugs. As the movie Starship Trooper puts it, “the only good bug is a dead bug.” Thankfully, BioWare is taking the feedback from fans to heart and has plans to fix a lot of the glitches/bugs that gamers have been running into. The patch release is scheduled for this Thursday, April 6th. Some of the highlights of the fixes include the following:
- Allowing you to skip ahead when traveling between planets in the galaxy map
- Increasing the inventory limits
- Improving the appearance of eyes for Humans and Asari characters
- Decreasing the cost of remnant decryption keys and making them more accessible at merchants
- Improving localized voice over lip sync
- Fixing Ryder’s movements when running in a zig zag pattern
- Improving matchmaking and latency in multiplayer
Over the next two months Flynn stated that there are more fixes coming, including:
- More options and variety in the character creator
- Improvements to hair and general appearance for characters
- Ongoing improvements to cinematic scenes and animations
- Improvements to male romance options for Scott Ryder
- Adjustments to conversations with Hainly Abrams
You can read the full patch notes here.
Another thing that I am looking forward to seeing fixed is multiplayer balancing. The patch notes did not go into detail, but I hope one of the things they look at balancing are the biotic and tech combos. As it stands now, those combos feel very under powered. Above all, I am very excited to see these changes implemented. Other quality of life changes I am happy about are the ability to skip ahead while traveling between planets, fixed saves, objectives fixes, and increased inventory limits.
What are your thoughts on the changes coming? Leave a comment below.
We receive a small commission on purchases made using affiliate Amazon links.