Warner Brothers, the publisher for Middle Earth: Shadow of War, announced the release dates of their paid and free DLC. As previously mentioned, there are four pieces of paid DLC coming in the next few months, bringing new orc tribes and story missions into the game. Let’s take a look at the Shadow of War DLC announcement!
— Shadow of War (@shadowofwargame) November 16, 2017
Several content updates are scheduled to release for free to all players, adding new features and updates to existing ones.
November 21, 2017
- Endless Siege – In this new mode, players will defend their fortresses from the forces of Sauron and can continue playing past Act IV: Shadow Wars.
- Rebellion – Players will have to crush rebel Orcs and Uruks as they try to undermine the Bright Lord.
- Enhanced Photo Mode – New frames, filters, and textures are being added to the game’s already great Photo Mode
December 5, 2017
- Online Pit Fights – This mode will allow players to have their orcs challenge other players’ orcs in fights to the death. Players will earn powerful rewards and upgrades
December 12, 2017
- Brutal Difficulty – A difficulty will be added to the game to give players a bigger challenge, and does not give players any Last Chances.
2018 and Beyond
Warner Brothers also mentioned that additional updates will be provided for free in 2018, but did not announce the specifics yet.
Paid DLC/Expansion Pass
Four paid DLC packs will be released in the next few months. These can be purchased individually or through the Shadow of War Season Pass.
- Slaughter Tribe Nemesis World Expansion – Releasing on November 21, 2017, this DLC pack will add a new tribe, new fortresses, new missions, new legendary gear, new upgrade challenges, and new conquest activities. This DLC will cost $15.00 on its own and is part of the Expansion Pass.
- Outlaw Tribe – Releasing on December 12, 2017, this DLC pack will add a new tribe, new fortresses, new missions, new legendary gear, new upgrade challenges, and new conquest activities. This DLC will cost $15.00 on its own and is part of the Expansion Pass.
- Blade of Galadriel – Releasing in February 2018, and will allow you to take control of Eltariel in new campaign missions. This DLC will cost $15.00 on its own and is part of the Expansion Pass.
- Desolation of Mordor – Releasing in May 2018, and will allow you to take control of Barinor in new campaign missions, a new region, and a new survival mode. This DLC will cost $20.00 on its own and is part of the Expansion Pass.
Thoughts on the Shadow of War DLC Plan
This is a great roadmap and has me excited for the future of Shadow of War. Prior to this announcement, Warner Brothers announced the contents of the Expansion Pass, so the additional free DLC is a nice surprise. The Online Pit fights have been a much-requested feature and should add some additional fun to an already engrossing game. The Rebellion mechanic looks interesting and should lead to more Orc betrayals and add full-scale battles to crush rebellions.
The paid DLC also looks great and should add more variety to the Orcs already in the game, and I am looking forward to the new story missions in the later DLC packs. Individually, the DLC packs cost $65.00 in total, while the expansion pass costs $40.00, so grab the pass if you are excited about this DLC. It is refreshing to see an Expansion Pass have a significant price reduction over buying the DLC individually.
Latest posts by Nate Johns (see all)
- Rockstar Announces The Doomsday Heist – A New Heist for GTA Online - December 7, 2017
- PlayStation Plus Games for December 2017 - November 29, 2017
- Xbox Live Games with Gold December 2017 - November 26, 2017